Bates Delta-9 GTX SZ
The soft toe Bates Delta has a waterproof leather and nylon upper. It’s nine inches tall and the side zip makes it easy to get on and off. It’s Individual Comfort System Technology (iCS) allows for a customizable fit. It also has a cement construction, which is usually found in athletic shoes. This makes the shoe flexible and lightweight.
What is iCS Technology?
Bates offers an Individual Comfort System (iCS), which helps find that just-right fit. Developed by the Bates Product Design Team and wear-tested by actual customers, the iCS technology offers a flexible and effective way for consumers to define all-day comfort on their own terms.
How iCS Technology works
The iCS disk allows adjustment of firmness and cushion in the heel area to maximize comfort. The disk is integrated directly into the shoe’s midsole and can be placed to rest at one of the four zones. Each zone satisfies different comfort needs, allowing the user to place comfort where they want it.
- Firm Zone:Increases energy return and maximizes all-day support
- Outward Zone:Reduces outward tilt and encourages natural walking motion and stability
- Cushion Zone:Increases heel cushioning and maximizes shock absorption
- Inward Zone:Reduces inward tilt and encourages natural walking motion and stability
- 9" soft toe Gore-Tex side-zip boots
- Waterproof leather / nylon upper
- Individual Comfort System (iCS)
- Removable insole
- Cushioned EVA midsole
- Slip resistant Vibram Mutant rubber outsole
- Cement construction