Lightweight without sacrificing bomber support for treks to the edge of the world, this backpacker's upper combines rugged Ballisticore with Nubuck strapping and overlays for reliable support and comfort. The anatomical, under-arch bridge of Merrell's Vibram Chisel Sole encourages a natural stride and incised peripheral lugs dig in.
- Strobel construction offers flexibility and comfort
- Nubuck leather and mesh upper
- Nubuck/Ballisticore Bellows tongue keeps debris out
- Breathable Mesh Lining maintains foot comfort by ventilating
- EVA removable footbed
- Grade 7 Nylon Insole for trekking
- Compression molded EVA footframe provides cushioning
- Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- 5.5mm Sole lug depth
- Vibram Chisel Sole/Trek Rubber
Weight: 2 lbs 14 ozs.
Strap on your backpack, and get ready to dig your feet into the dirt with the Sawtooth. These Merrell boots capture the essence of the hike. Built to tackle longer adventures into unknown territory, the hiker contains a Nubuck leather and mesh upper with Ballisticore. This will keep debris out, especially in the tongue region. The insole is built for trekking, and the midsole contains a compression-molded EVA footframe. Air cushioning in the heel helps absorb shock and gives additional stability. The Vibram outsole offers extra traction and control. Pick up the pace, and get outside with the Merrell Sawtooth.