Zero Tolerance Carbon Fiber Folder
The original, award-winning Zero Tolerance 0777 was a very limited-run knife. Yet interest in it is high among blade aficionados. That's why Zero Tolerance is happy to announce a new version of that award-winning knife—one that will be much more generally available. The Carbon Fiber Folder offers the style and performance of the award-winning original but in a slightly smaller, streamlined version. For performance, the blade is ELMAX powdered steel, which provides a razor edge, excellent edge retention, strength and toughness. A stonewashed finish on the blade hides hard-use scratches and makes maintenance easier. The sweeping lines in the lightweight carbon-fiber handle fit securely in the hand. An inset liner lock secures the blade. The Carbon Fiber Folder opens quickly and easily thanks to SpeedSafe assisted opening and the built-in flipper. Includes deep-carry pocket clip with a final touch of class in the handsome oversized pivot.
- Weight: 3 oz.
- Blade Material: ELMAX steel
- Overall Length: 7.5"
- Blade Length: 3.25""
- Closed Length: 4.3"
- Made in the USA
- ELMAX is a third-generation powdered steel, a high chromium-vanadium-molybdenum alloyed steel
- This powdered steel is incredibly clean, has virtually no nonmetallic inclusions and offers an extremely uniform distribution of carbide
- ELMAX polishes beautifully and can be hardened to 60+ on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- SpeedSafe is a patented system that assists the user to smoothly open the knife with a manual push on the blade's thumb stud or pull back on the blade protrusion
- The heart of this assisted opening system is its torsion bar. Closed, the torsion bar helps prevent the knife from being opened by gravity. It creates a bias toward the closed position
- After the blade is out of the handle, the torsion bar moves along its half-moon track and takes over. The blade opens smoothly and locks into position, ready for use
- Ambidextrous flipper protrudes at the knife spine when the knife is closed. When opened the protrusion forms part of the finger guard
- Carbon fiber handle is composed of carbon atoms bonded together to form a long chain that is extremely strong and lightweight
- These carbon fibers are woven together then layered with epoxy and compressed under high pressure to create the carbon fiber sheet
- The liner lock provides a secure and convenient way to make using a Zero Tolerance folding knife as safe as it can be
- When the knife is opened, one side of the knife’s liner butts up against the backend of the blade and prevents the blade from closing
- The lockbar is manufactured so that it angles toward the interior of the knife to create a bias for the locked position